Parade School Guest House
Parade School Guest House was built in 1749 and is situated in the centre of Berwick upon Tweed, adjacent to Berwick Barracks and the Parade car park.
The layout of the property has not afforded us the opportunity to offer any ground floor accommodation, therefore we unfortunately lack facilities for guests with severe mobility limitations. However, we welcome enquiries from guests with specific needs, so please do not hesitate to contact us and we will try our best to accommodate.
Please note Parade School Guest House is a non-smoking establishment.
Access to Parade School Guest House
- There is no private parking, however, parking is available in a large car park situated directly opposite the Guest House. We can also provide permits for limited on-street parking.
- A 43 inch wide wrought-iron gate leads to a small step of 2 inches and onto a natural flagstone patio area to the front of the property and the ground floor entrance.
- 3 natural flagstone steps, each between 5-8 inches high, lead to the 39 inch wide hardwood front door.
- Entrance from the front door into the porch is level, and leads to a 32 inch wide glazed fire resistant door with self closer. Access into the reception hall is level.
- The guest dining room and ground floor WC are off the reception hall with level access to both.
- All flooring accessible by guests on the ground floor is high quality karndean.
Access to our Rooms
- A staircase of 18 stairs leads from the reception hall to the first floor landing. After the 9th stair there is a half landing and a 180 degree turn to access stairs 10-18.
- The stairs each have a 6 inch riser with a 10 inch tread with a hand rail support on the left hand side.
- There is level access to bedrooms/bathrooms.
- Each bedroom is accessed through a solid fire resistant door with self closer.
- Each has level floors throughout, the flooring is high quality karndean with some rugs.
- They have either ceramic tile or high quality karndean flooring.
- Each having a shower and a tray height of between 3-12 inches, with one en-suite offering a separate bath and shower.
- Toilets have dual press flush.
- All other fittings are standard.